Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Madelyn!

This weekend of course went by too quickly as usual! But if was packed with a lot of exciting things! The most exciting being welcoming Madelyn Grace Hall into the world Saturday! One of my closest friends, Carrie asked me to be in the delivery room with her during Madelyn's birth when she was probably about 5 months pregnant. Of course I was honored and excited to be a part of this special time! After much anticipation Madelyn made her appearance 5 days past her due date at 3:22am Saturday morning. Carrie was a trooper and did such a good job during the whole process. I have never been on "this side" of labor, so it was definetely a different prospective to see what goes on while you are doing all of that hard work! And for the record, I like it from this side way better!! :) After only 7 hours of labor, there she was 7lbs, 21 inches and a head full of black hair- what a beautiful baby she is! We will also be taking her picture every month until her first birthday, so I also have 13 photo sessions to look forward to as well! I can't wait to watch her grow and change!
While I was enjoying all of the excitement poor Brent had to go to Charlotte to work on his grandfathers house. It of course proved to be more work than originally anticipated- but it will be worth it when the house sales and he gets his share of the money...which we plan on using as part of a down payment on a larger house!! We love our house and have worked really hard to get it from where it was when we bought it to what it is now, but we are so tight on space, especially when we have all the boys!!
Well off to another Monday...why can't the weekend be just one day longer!?!

No comments: